Saturday, January 26, 2008

REDFACE



I attended a professional development conference in Charleston earlier this month. I learned that some university development professionals are using Facebook to connect with their alumni and raise funds. The next week US News and World Report says many corporations are doing the same.
So. . .being the entrepreneur that I think I am~ I went to Facebook on Tuesday to check it out. I had to set up an account to view other accounts. The set up asked me if I wanted to invite my AIM friends to view my facebook - I thought for a minute and clicked YES, thinking that the only friends I have in my AIM are you guys here.
WELL~ I forgot that I added ALL of oldest son's friends to my account to monitor who he talks to - obviously, I haven't monitored in awhile. . . . Every single one of his friends were notified and invited to view my Facebook!~! HE WAS MORTIFIED~ What creepy Mom asks teenagers to view her Facebook? So. . my solution was to tell all of them what happened. . . EVEN MORE MORTIFIED~ Now not only am I creepy, I'm stupid!

I learned how to move around and have connected with some alumni - I may not get many gifts or donations for my job, but it sure is fun. Come check me out and join the fun.

2 comments:

Cheesecake Maven said...

I'm reminded everyday of just how UNCOOL I am. I remind them it is my job to embarrass them and that I take my job very seriously! If they push it, I bring out Ethel Mermon (sp?)and belt it in the middle of the store if need be . . THINGS LOOK SWELL! THINGS LOOK GREAT! GONNA HAVE THE WHOLE WORLD ON A PLATE! Sister Margaret taught me that little trick, it works.

Mnmom said...

Sister Margaret here - yes many thanks to Ethel Merman for keeping my kids in line.
Creepy and embarrassing? Yep, pretty much describes me now that my twins are 14. But of course, not creepy enough NOT to drive them everywhere with their amazingly cool teenage friends in tow.