Sunday, June 15, 2008

Celebrating My Daddy

My Daddy was the BEST Papa to Trey and Foster. He loved them very much and was so kind to all children. He was truly engaged with them, made eye contact with them, and loved to play.


He kept Trey while Foster was born at East Alabama Medical Center and couldn't wait to get to the hospital to see little Foster.



He spent EVERY Christmas of their life at OUR house.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Daddy. These "puppets" came with a book - they never read the book - they played their own game. Trey LOVED to visit his Papa.


When we did visit Papa, Papa always read to Trey until he fell asleep - even if I said let's just put him down Daddy or he'll have me doing that every night. . . .to which Daddy would always reply, well, Baby, maybe you should!

I love you Daddy, and miss you very much.

5 comments:

Eleanor said...

What a beautiful tribute, and it doesn't take much to see where Foster's "streak" comes from !

auntie-c said...

Love these pictures of your precious Daddy and the commentary on who he was.

hugs,
~c

Unknown said...

Lovely tribute, very touching

Cheesecake Maven said...

Great photos of a great man. I know you miss him very much. Love ya!

Mnmom said...

Daddies are so special, aren't they? Mine remember my Dad saying to them "Come over here and give me a great big bear hug!" in his funny southern Iowa accent. We was gone from their lives way too soon.