Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Miscellaney Soup

FINALLY, a great big exhale~



Even though I am a long-time Hillary Clinton fan, I gave my full support to Barak Obama months ago. I'm glad she finally gave her full support - and what better place to do it than the National Building Museum, which holds major significance in my life having been there on two extraordinary occasions in 2004. The Rural Studio Lecture and Exhibit and the AIA Gold Medal Award.



Charlie Wilson's War~ Another MUST SEE movie. It is essential pre-iraq wars history to learn, if you don't already know the history. It brings back memories of early '80s business world - that I'm proud to have survived.

And now something toally funny (Thank you Richard Pitts, my new friend I made in Chicago who's been in my circle of friends here at Auburn for a while) I stole it from his facebook. To all my republican friends~ I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid it's gonna be a blood bath.







And the only thing I can say about this. . . . . . . .

WHAT THE?



I have to explain. . . cause it is our Tubby afterall. . . . he spent his summer vacation with the soldiers in Iraq - and all he got for his trouble was this photograph with Bush~ He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

That's it for Miscellaney Soup this week. Two blogs to come - my amazing week in Chicago in June 2008, and the latest kick-butt Rural Studio Projects. . . .Stay Tuned.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Just wanted to leave a message about your comment "It's going to be a blood bath" where you are referring to the November election. No disrespect intended but I wouldn't be so sure. There are still lots of people in this country that can see right through Obama and know that he's not good for our country! He lacks experience and doesn't have the morals and values that our country needs. Go McCain!!!!

Melissa Foster Denney said...

"doesn't have the morals and values that our country needs"

Wanna explain that, please? It's vague~

and please don't tell me you think John McCain has moral values. One look at how he treated his first wife . . . well, we all know the rest of that tragic story -- nothing moral or valuable about it.

Melissa Foster Denney said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/09/john-mccains-first-wife-s_n_106021.html